Two things that nearly everybody admits wanting to save are time and money, and when you’re looking to get the best deal on a Greensboro homeowners insurance policy we can help you save both. We’ll be listing a number of ways to save money by giving you several tips on ways to lower your homeowners insurance premiums.
One of the ways you can lower premiums is to shop around to find the best insurance coverage for the best price. The amount you pay for your Greensboro homeowners insurance can vary by a significant amount, depending on which insurer you choose to give your business to. You can save both time and trouble by allowing a quality insurance broker with access to multiple insurance providers to do the hard work of finding the best policies for the best prices. Your job becomes much easier when you’re presented with a well-researched list of insurance options your broker has put together in response to your specific insurance needs.
From there, it’s merely an exercise of using whatever premium-saving tips you can to get your policy costs as low as you can. Here are some tips to consider:
- Raise your deductible. According to the Insurance Information Institute (III), raising your deductible from $500 to $1,000 could save you as much as 25% on your premium costs.
- Keep a clean credit record. Many insurance companies use the strength of your credit rating when determining the cost of a policy. Pay your bills on time, keep credit balances as low as you can and check your credit record periodically to check for any inaccuracies.
- Bundle your various insurance policies. Many insurance companies offer a discount when you carry two or more insurance policies, such as homeowners and auto, through them. Always ask what other discounts are available through your insurer.
- Don’t pay to insure your home’s land. The amount you paid for your home included the value of the land it sits on, but this property isn’t subject to the perils such as fire, theft and wind storms your house faces. The cost to rebuild your home after a fire doesn’t include the value of the lot it sits on.
- Make your home more secure. You may earn premium discounts for having smoke detectors, burglar alarms, security bars, fire sprinklers or dead bolt locks. Alarm systems that are monitored off-site may provide even higher discounts.